Reviewing Code Evaluation
The goal of the evaluation is to compare direct source code review with an inspection using the Symbolic Execution Debugger (SED). The evaluation is realized as part of Eclipse and fully self explaining. During the evaluation you can enjoy nice introduction videos about the tools and test your knowledge while answering questions about four or six code examples. Knowledge about SED and JML is helpful but not required. The evaluation usually takes about 60 minutes.
Please follow the steps to participate in the evaluation:
- Java 7 or newer
libwebkitgtk (Linux only)
sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0
- Ensure that your firewall allows access to sed.se.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de on port 10947.
- Download the best matching preconfigured Eclipse Luna product. It contains all required features:
- Extract the downloaded ZIP archive (e.g. into a temporary directory).
Start the executable file SED of folder SED.
- Use an empty workspace.
- Select main menu item Evaluation, Reviewing Code and finish the opened wizard.
- After finishing the evaluation the extracted folder SED (and the used workspace) can be deleted.
Useful Hints for the Evaluation
- Follow the mentioned best practices.
- Do not try to understand a full symbolic execution tree at once, focus on one path at a time.
- Watch the instruction videos again, if usage of the tools is unclear.
(Previously shown instructions are available in the bottom toolbar of the evaluation wizard.)
- Do not spend much more than 10 minutes per code example.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Martin Hentschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following screenshot shows the evaluation wizard: